Procurement and Contract Management
Procurement and Contract Management Course Overview
The Procurement and Contract Management course is for Procurement Executives, Business owners and Accountants. The course teaches students two important aspects of any business activity, procurement and developing and managing contracts. The course begins with the definition of common concepts in the discipline. Then we discuss two important cycles:
- Procurement Cycle
- Purchase-to-Pay (P-2-P) Cycle
We will take a look at how to develop tender documents and how to develop a winning bid. Also, contracts are legally binding documents, therefore, Students will be taught on various aspects of contract management. These include, different types of contract relationships, conditions and terms. Also risks attached to managing contracts will also be discussed. Participants will be engaged through out the course with the use of tasks, discussions and assignments. On completion of the course, you can take any of the professional certifications in this field.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced individuals who manage procurement and contract activities in diverse fields
- Working professionals seeking to change career, job or industry to procurement and contract related field
- Individuals who meets the requirements and intend on starting a career in procurement and contract
- Mid to senior-level executives in any sector
Aspects of Procurement and Supply
- What is purchasing?
- What is Purchasing For?
- Making Connections
The Roles and Benefits of Procurement and Supply
- Typical Roles and Responsibilities
- What do Purchasers do?
- Procurement and Profitability
The Sourcing Process
- Identification of Needs
- The Sourcing Phase
- Contract Award
- Contract Documentation
- The Post-Award Phase
- Pre-Award and Post-Award Stages
Tender and Bid Management
- The Evolution of Tendering / Bidding
- Understanding the Bid Management Process
- Knowledge Management for Bid Writers
- Bid Management Basics
- Identifying the Interest and Demands of Various Stakeholders (Customers)
- Working Out When to Bid and Phases in Tendering / Bidding Process
- Tender Document and Important Sections in a Tender / Bid Document
- How to Make your Bid Stand Out
- Writing a Successful Bid – with Detailed Practical Examples
- Checking and Submitting a Bid
- What Is Next For the Bidder After Submission?
- Evaluation of Bid
Contractual Agreement for Supply
- One-off Purchases
- Standing Offer
- Blanket Ordering
- Call-Off Contracts
- Framework Agreements
- Services Contracts
- Hiring and Leasing
Foundation of Contract Performance
- Elements of a Binding Commercial Agreement
- Contract Terms
- Express and Implied Terms
- Express Terms Relating to Performance of Contract
- Performance and Non-performance of Contract
- Vital and Non-Vital Contract Terms
- Identifying Non-Conformance
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
- Limitation of Liability
- Termination of Contract
Assessing Contractual Risks
- Risk Impacting on Relationships
- Internal and External Risks
- Legal and Performance-based Risks
- Reputational and Relationship Risks
- Information Risks
- Assessing Contractual Risks
- The Contract Management Process
- Planning and Governance of Contract Management
- Responsibilities of the Contract Manager
- Contract Administration
Chukwuma Agomo MBA (HR)
Chukwuma Agomo is an educator who takes pride in the profession of teaching. He has over 6 years experience in teaching, a seasoned HR & Logistics and Supply Chain practitioner, he has taken to a job that’s both fulfilling and engaging. In his current role as Head of Training at Piston and Fusion, he has developed course materials and templates for various fields, these include; Human Resource Management, Project Management, Procurement and Supply Chain.
Participants enrolling for this programme will be required to have minimum of 3 years’ professional experience. Participants who meet the programme requirement should pay the course fee and complete the enrollment form 2 weeks before the programme kick off date.
Prospective applicants who do not meet the programme requirement but wants to join the programme should should follow the process detailed below.
- Start a chat with the online course adviser or complete the application form
- Application will be reviewed by programme committee
- Application acceptance will be communicated by programme committee
- Pay the programme fee after receiving acceptance from the committee
- Check your mail for programme schedule and payment confirmation
What is included in the Course Programme Pack
- Practice Manual & Textbook
- Participants workbook & Exercises
- Templates for professional practice
- Local & international case studies
- Recognized Certification of Completion
- Branded Personalized programme pack & stationaries
- Breakfast & Lunch – Buffet Menu
- 3 Star Accommodation (Optional – Available on Request)
Kindly note all training materials for the Virtual Online classes will be in electronic formats (PDF & MS Word)
Procurement and Contract Management Course Fees & Dates for Upcoming Classroom & Virtual Online In 2022
Piston and Fusion offer the Course as Classroom in Lagos and Virtual Online Class in other states in Nigeria. See dates and fees for classroom and virtual online class.
|Course Objective:||The Programme focus is to impart the skills to manage procurement and contract processes and use of procurement and contract tools|
|Weekday Date:||11th Oct – 14th Oct 2022 | 4 Days: Tue – Fri | 8:30am – 4pm|
|Weekend Date:||Contact Us For Next Schedule|
|Location:||122a Obadina Street, Omole Phase 1 Ikeja Lagos|
|Virtual Class||Fee: ₦100,000 | $160|
|Weekday Date:||11th Oct – 14th Oct 2022 | 4 Days: Tue – Fri | 8:30am – 3pm|
|Weekend Date:||Contact Us For Next Schedule|
|Location:||Microsoft Teams | Zoom|
Why Piston & Fusion Ranked Amongst the Best Business Institute In Nigeria?
- We have trained 6000+ professionals
- We have over 10 years industry experience
- Our facilitators are experienced and certified
- We offer post training career advice and support
Procurement and Contract
Procurement involves the sourcing and buying of goods and services for the daily operations of an organization
Procurement Courses in Nigeria
Attend our Procurement course in Lagos Nigeria, the course will prepare you to pass the CIPS Exam on the first attempt and you will earn the highly coveted CIPS certification. You can also attend the Procurement course in Abuja Nigeria via our online. The Procurement course will run for a period of 4 days, the classes have a fast track weekday option and the standard weekend option. All training materials will be provided for the course, this will include student manuals, case studies, and exam practice questions.
Procurement Jobs in Nigeria
There are a number of Procurement job roles with very good salaries in Nigeria. Companies search for capable professionals who will deal with outsourcing and acquiring goods and services needed for business to run smoothly. These procurement job roles cover beginners as well as experienced job positions: Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer, Contract Specialist, Contract Engineer
Procurement and Contract Management Training Courses
The Procurement training courses are available as both classroom and online training, the venue of the training is 122a Obadinna Street Omole Phase 1 Ikeja. The class is available on the weekends and weekdays. The course kicks off at 9 am and ends at 3 pm. Participants will be served breakfast and lunch buffet style. All training materials will be provided to all participants.
Certificate in Procurement and Contracts Management
Getting a Certificate in Procurement & Contract Management at Piston and Fusion Business Academy comes with a personify one month mentorship program with the facilitator, CV appraisal showing your recent skills and prospecting job opportunities for application will be sent. The venue of the training is 122a Obadinna Street Omole Phase 1 Ikeja, with a course fee of ₦130,000.
Procurement and Contract Management Training
Attend our Procurement and Contract Management Training in Lagos Nigeria, the course will prepare you to pass the CIPS Exam on the first attempt and you will earn the highly coveted CIPS certification. You can also attend the Procurement course in Abuja Nigeria via our online. The Procurement course will run for a period of 4 days, the classes have a fast track weekday option and the standard weekend option. All training materials will be provided for the course, this will include student manuals, case studies, and exam practice questions.