Fleet Management Course Overview
The Fleet Management course is designed for individuals saddled with the responsibility of managing a fleet of vehicles or aspiring to manage one. The course will employ a hands-on approach which will include case studies, simulations, and practical examples to instruct on how to optimize fleet performance, reduce costs, and ensure regulatory compliance. At the end of the course, participants will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage a fleet of vehicles and complete a real-life simulation of an on-the-job experience.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced individuals who manage fleets of vehicles in the field of fleet and transport management
- Working professionals seeking to change career, job or industry to a transport-related field
- Job seekers looking to kick off a career in Fleet Management
- Mid- to senior-level executives in commercial transportation, government agencies, logistics and distribution, delivery services, construction, utilities, and any organization that operates a fleet of vehicles.
Introduction to Fleet Management
- Importance of Fleet Management
- Key challenges and trends in the industry
- Fleet performance metrics and KPIs
Fleet Acquisition and Lifecycle Management
- Vehicle selection criteria and procurement strategies
- Leasing and financing options
- Vehicle disposal and replacement strategies
Maintenance and Repair Management
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Repair and service scheduling
- Fleet downtime management
Driver Management and Training
- Driver recruitment and retention strategies
- Driver training programs
- Monitoring driver performance and behavior
Route Planning and Optimization
- Route optimization techniques
- Fleet tracking and dispatch systems
- Customer service and on-time delivery strategies
Telematics and Data Analysis
- Introduction to telematics and GPS tracking
- Data collection and analysis for fleet management
- Performance evaluation and reporting
Fleet Safety Management
- Risk assessment and mitigation strategies
- Driver behavior monitoring and safety programs
- Accident prevention and response
Cost Control and Optimization
- Managing fuel costs and consumption
- Minimizing maintenance and repair expenses
- Insurance and claims management
Emerging Trends and Future of Fleet Management
- Introduction to emerging technologies
- Electric and autonomous vehicles in fleet management
- Industry trends and future outlook
JOHNSON A. FADOLA; (FIMC, CMC, FCP, MCIPS, ANIMN, MSc, BTECH, ND.)
Johnson A. Fadola is a respected Communicator, Consultant, and Trainer, who has a great passion for learning and imparting knowledge. He is an Alumnus of Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, United Kingdom. He is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and a Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants, Nigeria (FIMC). Also, he is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS), UK and Nigeria. In addition, he contributes to the thriving profession of marketing via the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN).
Participants enrolling for this programme will be required to have minimum of 3 years’ professional experience. Participants who meet the programme requirement should pay the course fee and complete the enrollment form 2 weeks before the programme kick off date.
Prospective applicants who do not meet the programme requirement but wants to join the programme should should follow the process detailed below.
- Start a chat with the online course adviser or complete the application form
- Application will be reviewed by programme committee
- Application acceptance will be communicated by programme committee
- Pay the programme fee after receiving acceptance from the committee
- Check your mail for programme schedule and payment confirmation
What is included in the Course Programme Pack
- Practice Manual & Textbook
- Participants workbook & Exercises
- Templates for professional practice
- Local & international case studies
- Recognized Certification of Completion
- Branded Personalized programme pack & stationaries
- Breakfast & Lunch – Buffet Menu
- 3 Star Accommodation (Optional – Available on Request)
Kindly note all training materials for the Virtual Online classes will be in electronic formats (PDF & MS Word)
Fleet Management Course Fees & Dates for Upcoming Classroom & Virtual Online In 2023
Piston and Fusion offer the Course as Classroom in Lagos and Virtual Online Class in other states in Nigeria. See dates and fees for classroom and virtual online class.
|Fleet Management Programme|
|Course Objective:||The Programme focus is to prepare participants to effectively manage a fleet of vehicles.|
|Weekday Date:||Contact Us|
|Weekend Date:||Contact Us|
|Location:||122a Obadina Street, Omole Phase 1 Ikeja Lagos|
|Virtual Class||Fee: ₦100,000 | $160|
|Weekday Date:||Contact Us|
|Weekend Date:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Microsoft Teams | Zoom|
Why Piston & Fusion Is Ranked Amongst the Best Business Institutes In Nigeria
- We have trained 6000+ professionals
- We have over 10 years industry experience
- Our facilitators are experienced and certified
- We offer post training career advice and support
All You Need to Know About Fleet Management
What is Fleet Management?
Fleet management is the efficient and cost-effective management of a group of vehicles. Activities include vehicle purchasing, maintenance, fuel management, driver safety, and regulatory compliance. The main objective of fleet management is to optimize fleet operations, improve productivity, minimize costs, and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
What is Fleet Management Training?
Fleet management training is a structured learning process that provides individuals with the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to effectively manage a fleet of vehicles. It focuses on various aspects such as vehicle procurement, maintenance, safety, cost control, and operational efficiency. The purpose of training is to increase understanding, develop practical skills, and promote best practices in fleet management to optimize fleet performance, reduce costs, and ensure regulatory compliance.
How Do I Start a Career in Fleet Management?
To begin a career in fleet management, you would need to gain relevant education and experience through training and practice. You need to develop the technical skills to effectively manage a fleet of vehicles, understand industry regulations, network, continuously learn and adapt to rapid changes in the industry, and develop leadership and problem-solving abilities. You may also consider professional certifications, explore job opportunities, and stay open to continuous growth and specialization.
What Activities are Involved in Fleet Management?
Fleet management includes activities such as vehicle purchasing, maintenance, fuel management, route planning, driver management, safety and compliance, data analytics, asset tracking, cost control, regulatory compliance, record keeping, and technology integration.
What are the Benefits of a Fleet Management Course?
The benefits of fleet management training include improved knowledge and skills in fleet management, improved operational efficiency, enhanced safety measures, improved cost control, improved regulatory compliance, and optimized fleet performance.