Business Strategy & Planning for Managers
Business Strategy & Planning for Managers Course Overview
The Business Strategy & Planning for Managers course is designed for top-level managers in diverse fields. The course will employ a hands-on approach which will include case studies, simulations, and real-world examples. At the end of the course, participants will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to develop effective business strategies and drive organizational growth.
Who Should Attend
- Top-level managers who make strategic decisions.
- Supervisors eligible for managerial positions.
- Senior executives involved in strategic planning and management.
Introduction to Business Strategy
- Definition and importance of business strategy
- Strategic management process
- Strategic planning vs. operational planning
- Setting organizational objectives and goals
External Analysis and Competitive Advantage
- Industry analysis and competitive forces
- Macroenvironmental factors (PESTEL analysis)
- Competitive positioning and value proposition
- Differentiation and cost leadership strategies
Internal Analysis and Resources
- Assessing internal strengths and weaknesses
- Core competencies and competitive advantage
- A resource-based view of the firm
- SWOT analysis and strategic fit
- Perform Stage-Gate
Strategic Options and Decision Making
- Growth strategies (market penetration, market development, product development, diversification)
- Competitive strategies (low-cost, differentiation, focus)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Blue ocean strategy and disruptive innovation
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Strategy formulation and action planning
- Balanced scorecard and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Strategic alignment and organizational culture
- Change management and overcoming resistance
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Performance measurement and benchmarking
- Reviewing and adapting strategic plans
- Key success factors and critical issues
- Strategic agility and managing uncertainty
Collaboration and Communication
- Cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- Effective communication strategies
- Building consensus and managing conflicts
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
Strategic Leadership and Adaptability
- Leading strategic change
- Anticipating and responding to market shifts
- Innovation and continuous improvement
- Ethical considerations in strategic decision-making
I am Adeola, my 15-year professional career has spanned several roles, organizations, and sectors. I served as a project manager in IntroIT Consulting, Head of Institute / Chief Operating Officer for the Institute for Advance e-Studies, I currently hold the position as the senior project consultant & marketing director for Piston & Fusion. My qualification includes MSc. In Marketing, BSc. In Business Administration, Digital Marketing, PMP, PRINCE 2, NEBOSH, Level 3 Award in Education & Training. I have been privileged to attend some of the best institutions globally, the University of Lagos, Lagos Business School, and the University of Liverpool (UK). I am a member of AMA, PMI & IOSH. I have trained over 4000+ professionals in marketing, branding, project management, data analytics, and other business-related programs.
JOHNSON A. FADOLA; (FIMC, CMC, FCP, MCIPS, ANIMN, MSc, BTECH, ND.)
Johnson A. Fadola is a respected Communicator, Consultant, and Trainer, who has a great passion for learning and imparting knowledge. He is an Alumnus of Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, United Kingdom. He is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and a Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants, Nigeria (FIMC). Also, he is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS), UK and Nigeria. In addition, he contributes to the thriving profession of marketing via the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN).
Participants enrolling for this programme will be required to have minimum of 3 years’ professional experience. Participants who meet the programme requirement should pay the course fee and complete the enrollment form 2 weeks before the programme kick off date.
Prospective applicants who do not meet the programme requirement but wants to join the programme should should follow the process detailed below.
- Start a chat with the online course adviser or complete the application form
- Application will be reviewed by programme committee
- Application acceptance will be communicated by programme committee
- Pay the programme fee after receiving acceptance from the committee
- Check your mail for programme schedule and payment confirmation
What is included in the Course Programme Pack
- Practice Manual & Textbook
- Participants workbook & Exercises
- Templates for professional practice
- Local & international case studies
- Recognized Certification of Completion
- Branded Personalized programme pack & stationaries
- Breakfast & Lunch – Buffet Menu
- 3 Star Accommodation (Optional – Available on Request)
Kindly note all training materials for the Virtual Online classes will be in electronic formats (PDF & MS Word)
Business Strategy & Planning for Managers Course Fees & Dates for Upcoming Classroom & Virtual Online In 2023
Piston and Fusion offer the Course as Classroom in Lagos and Virtual Online Class in other states in Nigeria. See dates and fees for classroom and virtual online class.
|Business Strategy & Planning for Managers Programme|
|Course Objective:||The Programme focus is to prepare participants to develop and execute business strategies successfully|
|Weekday Date:||Contact Us|
|Weekend Date:||Contact Us|
|Location:||122a Obadina Street, Omole Phase 1 Ikeja Lagos|
|Virtual Class||Fee: ₦100,000 | $160|
|Weekday Date:||Contact Us|
|Weekend Date:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Microsoft Teams | Zoom|
Why Piston & Fusion Is Ranked Amongst the Best Business Institute In Nigeria
- We have trained 6000+ professionals
- We have over 10 years industry experience
- Our facilitators are experienced and certified
- We offer post training career advice and support
All You Need to Know About Business Strategy & Planning for Managers
What Is Business Strategy and Planning?
Business strategy and planning is the formulation of long-term plans and directions for an organization to achieve its goals, taking into account the competitive environment. It involves making decisions, allocating resources, and creating action plans critical to creating a sustainable competitive advantage and delivering value to customers. It helps organizations define objectives, identify opportunities and threats, allocate resources effectively, gain competitive advantage, guide decision-making, and adapt to changes in the business environment.
What Is the Benefit of Strategic Planning?
The Strategic Planning course provides individuals and organizations with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to navigate the complexities of the business environment, make informed decisions, and achieve desired outcomes. It promotes strategic thinking, increases competitiveness, and improves the overall success and sustainability of the organization.
How Do You Become a Strategic Planner?
Becoming a strategic planner typically requires a combination of education, experience, skills development, continuous learning, and seizing strategic planning opportunities. To become a strategic planner, you need to acquire the required strategic planning skills through training by joining a strategic planning training and experience taking advantage of strategic planning opportunities. It would also be valuable to obtain a degree in business administration or strategic management.