All you need to know about the highest paying certification in the world.
- What is the title of the certification?
- The title of the certification is Project Management Professional
- What does the certification give me?
- It states you have been formally evaluated for demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills to lead and direct project teams and you are hereby bestowed the global credential.
- Is the certifications recognized?
- Yes it is. It is the most recognized and most popular certification globally.
- Who is the awarding body?
- Project Management Institute, USA
- For how long is the certification relevant?
- The certification does not expire as long as you document your contributions and participation in the field of project management by earning PDUs.
- How is certification renewed?
- By earning PDUs within a time period.
- What are PDUs?
- They are Point Development Units. They are the documentation of your contribution and participation in the field of project management within a 3 year period. You are required to earn 60 PDUs within this period. E.g. Writing articles on project management, attending chapter meetings, organizing community development projects etc.
- What field(s) is the PMP suitable for?
- It is suitable for all fields e.g. Engineering, Science, Social sciences, Art, Business and Management.
- Who is the PMP for?
- It is suitable for job seekers, working professionals and business owners.
- What sector(s) is the PMP suitable for?
- It is suitable for the Oil and Gas, Aviation, Telecommunication, Development sector (WHO, UN etc.) and the Public sector.
- What are the benefits of getting the PMP?
- Job seekers
- It gives you a competitive advantage over others
- Your employer respects you.
- It increases your earning potentials
- It makes you eligible for employment in any sector of the economy.
- Working professionals
- It gives you a platform to easily switch jobs or industries.
- You gain respect from your employer
- It increases your earning potential.
- Business owner
- Your clients, business partners and colleagues respect you.
- It boosts your company profile
- It gives you a platform for consulting.
- Job seekers
- What are the eligibility criteria for the examination?
- There are 2 categories:
- SSCE holders or equivalent: 5 years project experience + 35 contact hours of project management training.
- Degree holders: 3 years project experience plus 35 contact hours of project management training
- There are 2 categories:
(We recommend that your 35 contact hours should be from a PMI registered education provider)
- How do I register for the examination?
- Step 1: Contact your PMI registered education provider for assistance.
- Step 2: Complete your eligibility form
- Step 3: Make payments for your examination
- Step 4: Select exam date and location
- Step 5: Take examination on the selected date and venue
- How long is the exam?
- The exam is 4 hours.
- What is the format for the exam?
- Paper based, multiple choice questions (objectives)
- What is the passing score for the exam?
- PMI does not publish the passing score.
- Are there any stages to the examination?
- No, it is a one off examination.
- When is the examination held?
- The paper based examination dates are published by PMI. Contact A PMI REP For Dates.
- Where is the examination held?
- There are designated examination centres in Nigeria. Contact A PMI REP For Dates.
- How much does the exam costs?
- For PMI members the examination costs $250
- For Non-PMI members the examination costs $400
- Are there membership fees?
- Yes there are. To be a member of PMI, it costs $139
- Is there any other associated fee in getting the certification?
- The cost for getting training. (Contact PMI REP)
- What is the re-examination fee?
- For PMI members it costs $150
- For PMI Non-members it costs $300
PREPARATION FOR EXAMINATION
- How do I prepare for the examination?
- You need to take a PM training course plus an examination preparation course.
- Where can I get training for the examination?
- You can get training for the exam from a PMI registered education provider (Piston and Fusion)
- How should I study for the examination?
- Develop a reading plan
- Read the recommended text books
- Practise lots of questions
- Take a mock examination
- What is the procedure for re–examination?
- Step 1: Attend an examination preparation class from a PMI registered education provider
- Step 2: Make payment
- Step 3: Select exam date and location
- Step 4: Write the exam
To Attend a Project Management Professional Examination Preparatory Course. Click Here for further enquiries
Powered by Piston and Fusion
PMI Registered Education Provider